CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 65g rodi container just in the past month has started to smell a little funky whenever I go to fill up a bucket of rodi water. Kind of a fishy smell is how I’d describe it. Figure it’s time to empty it out and give it a cleaning.

How do you guys clean yours? Take a pressure washer to it? Bleach, Citric acid, or Vinegar mixture with water? Do you use tap water for initial cleaning then rinse with rodi? Or just let it air dry for 24-48 hours? Do you scrub it any?

Just curious what the most seemingly popular method for rodi container cleaning maintenance is here
D3C9E1F5-E4EF-4104-9DAD-4C5CCD07419D.jpeg

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 65g rodi container just in the past month has started to smell a little funky whenever I go to fill up a bucket of rodi water. Kind of a fishy smell is how I’d describe it. Figure it’s time to empty it out and give it a cleaning.

How do you guys clean yours? Take a pressure washer to it? Bleach, Citric acid, or Vinegar mixture with water? Do you use tap water for initial cleaning then rinse with rodi? Or just let it air dry for 24-48 hours? Do you scrub it any?

Just curious what the most seemingly popular method for rodi container cleaning maintenance is here
D3C9E1F5-E4EF-4104-9DAD-4C5CCD07419D.jpeg
My set up looks similar to yours. My RODI side has no issues and still read 0.0 TDS. The salt mix side dose have a lot of brown residue on the bottom inch or 2 that does not drain out. I have pulled it and spayed it with the hose. The brown residue is in my brute can that I transfer the water to the tank with. I don't worry about it to much.

How ever if you have an unpleasant smell I would just drain that water and start a new batch.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.9%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 71 42.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back