RO/DI high reads

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Blue Spot Octopus

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have removed one of the RO filters and isolating the filters to see what is wrong. So my water enters in on the left side of the unit, goes through
Filter 1 Sediment filter
Filter 2 Carbon Filter
Filter 3 Carbon Chloromaine filter
RO filter single for now.
No DI yet see second picture.

OP
OP
Blue Spot Octopus

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20220315_194756.jpg

OP
OP
Blue Spot Octopus

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The third canister the exit is on the right side, behind the gray wire see the blue tubing, it goes up and loops around back into the RO filter, the top elbow, the bottom elbow is the waste.
The left side the blue tube is the water to the DI filter.
The red tubing is the water coming from the hose bib.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The front tube from the right canister is
The third canister the exit is on the right side, behind the gray wire see the blue tubing, it goes up and loops around back into the RO filter, the top elbow, the bottom elbow is the waste.
The left side the blue tube is the water to the DI filter.
The red tubing is the water coming from the hose bib.
ok so water is coming out of the center cartridge and going into the back of the 3rd cartridge on the right and exiting the front in the photo and then going to right side of RO cartridge? Blue line

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I am following your flow correctly, you have source water from the prefilters going into to RO out line. The source water goes into the RO housing on the single connector side where the end screws off. Left side in the photo
Agreed. The "entry" line for the membrane is on the left in your photo. The 2 "exits" are on the right-one goes to waste and one goes to the DI cartridge.

OP
OP
Blue Spot Octopus

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I will give that a try. I will have to look at the photos again. I will let you know, of course I am going on vacation tomorrow am, so I guess it will be tonight.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I will give that a try. I will have to look at the photos again. I will let you know, of course I am going on vacation tomorrow am, so I guess it will be tonight.
Do you need to have the unit running while you are gone? If not, my recommendation is to forget about it for now, and enjoy your trip ;)

OP
OP
Blue Spot Octopus

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hooked it up in the garage and I am only running one RO filter for now, if the numbers are good I will make water tonight, if not I have a 75% RO/DI and 25% SW already mixed and that could be my evaporite water I need for the week while I am gone. I will post again tonight,
When I get back next week I will hook up the other RO filter and if possible maybe you guys can help again to make sure I hook that up correctly.

Thanks again for all the help.

OP
OP
Blue Spot Octopus

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I inspected my two DI reactors the first one seems ok that is a speatrapure DI pre made filter, the second one is a BRS fill your own with the bottom screw, I seem to have a internal leak with that one. looks like a steam of water inside the clear housing.

Looks like I will have to pull the second DI and put in a pre filled one for now.
Typical go on vacation and bad luck in already here.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I inspected my two DI reactors the first one seems ok that is a speatrapure DI pre made filter, the second one is a BRS fill your own with the bottom screw, I seem to have a internal leak with that one. looks like a steam of water inside the clear housing.

Looks like I will have to pull the second DI and put in a pre filled one for now.
Typical go on vacation and bad luck in already here.
Hope you have a great vacation!
do you mean you can see water trickling down the inside of the clear outer housing because there is air at the top? If so this is common and doesn’t mean it’s bad. As long as the inner DI cartridge is seated properly it’s fine. The water enters the bottom of the inner DI cartridge and the air at the top of the clear outer housing often remains there.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shirak is exactly right on the DI canister subject. Like they said, the water flows down the side of the cartridge because it's sealed at the top. It's normal for the DI canisters not to fill up with water 100% as there is no easy way for the air to escape. This does not affect performance and is normal.

OP
OP
Blue Spot Octopus

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish all of my tester would just get together agree with my readings. 2 PPM, 19 or 79
I was able to make enough water for evaporation for the week.
I will comeback next week and add the second RO membrane.
Thanks again for all the help I would not have been able to figure this out, I can pull a tranny out of a car but I cannot change the windshield wipers.
Check back next week. I am fortunate that I have my kids to watch the tank. ALOHA

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back