RO/DI Reservoir + TDS?

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2011
Messages
7,212
Reaction score
1,687
Location
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filled my reservoir TDS reads 0. Also 0 from unit. However at about the last 2-3g of water I'm getting a reading of 1-2TDS.
Reservoir is a 32g Brute. Mag 5 & 1/2" tubing is used to fill ATO and mix bucket. It's covered with a black trash bag pulled tight & brute lid.
I allow the pump & tubing to sit in reservoir. Is this the issue? Is this common?
 
Last edited:
I'm not clear on what you are saying. Are you saying you were running your RO/DI and everything was fine (0 TDS) until just before your reservoir was filled.......At which point the last 2 to 3 gallons the TDS rose to 1 to 2 TDS. If it were me, I'd still use that water knowing that the DI resin would be changed before I make my next batch of water.

OR, are what you are saying is that after making water (at 0 TDS), your TDS raises to 1 to 2 TDS while sitting in the reservoir container?
 
Most likely the plastic just picking stuff up.
Residues, dust, particles.

Mine does as well, nothing ever affected and mine isn't always air tight.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new