Ro help

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just replaced filters in my Coralife pure Flo 2 with booster pump. I bought used and replace filters in the positions they were in. Mum well water is 200 at the kitchen tap. I have a sediment pre-filter for the whole house. In the picture the canisters on the right and middle are both carbon the canister on the left is DI resin. I tested the TDI from both the RO water side and the waste watersde of the filter and they're both getting close to zero which makes me think the DI resin is in the wrong position. I can' find the manual at home or on-line. Any ideas? The yellow line on the right is the well water inlet line.
20180920_092059.jpg

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That' s what I would think, but to me it looks like the ro is the last stage.

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1. Does the yellow tube on the right hook up to your faucet? And do the white/clear tubes coming out the right of the unit carry the waste water and the product water? If so, your DI stage is probably before your RO membrane. DI needs to be the last stage.

Also, you really should have a sediment filter somewhere in the system. The carbon blocks will act as a sediment filter if one is present, but carbon blocks are relatively expensive. Carbon blocks are designed to handle chlorine/chloramines, and the more of their pores you plug with sediment, the less chlorine and chlroamine they can filter. It doesn't make a lot of financial sense to use them for sediment filtration when sediment filters are so cheap.

Personally, if the unit is plumbed like I mentioned above, I would probably leave it as is and add a DI stage after the RO membrane. I'd make housing #1 a sediment filter (< 1 micron), I'd make housing 2 and 3 carbon blocks (between 1 and 5 microns), and add the new DI stage after the RO membrane. It would cost more than re-plumbing the existing unit, but it would be easier.

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it looks like the filter wasn't set up to run di having the ro filter as the last stage. I reworked the lines making the booster pump and ro filter the third stage and the di canister the last stage. hopefully everybody lives happily ever after.

jjflounder1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS has a couple of videos on RO/ID units and booster pump hook up ...
That I think would help you ...

jjflounder1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is also a Coralife pure unboxing and setup video on YouTube ...

I couldn't get my phone to share the link on the app ...

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back