Rock scaping a Reef Gorge.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I’m wanting to rescape my nano tank and wondered what everyone has done in their tanks (And what you’d do in this tank).
Basically, this is a 3’x16”x1’ (LxWxH) tank. I want to have it so my clams are in my rock instead of on it or apart from it. Currently I’m thinking a reef gorge type look but wondered what everyone else did.
Here’s the top down of my tank.
IMG_6748.jpeg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry that I have no inspiration to share, just wanted to compliment you for what you already have :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: It looks great; I am definetly looking forward to seeing how you're gonna make it even better.. :star-struck:

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry that I have no inspiration to share, just wanted to compliment you for what you already have :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: It looks great; I am definetly looking forward to seeing how you're gonna make it even better.. :star-struck:
I wish it looked like that haha, instead it’s much browner and more bleached currently, I want to try and fresh it a bit and get back on track with the tank.

seamonster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I’m wanting to rescape my nano tank and wondered what everyone has done in their tanks (And what you’d do in this tank).
Basically, this is a 3’x16”x1’ (LxWxH) tank. I want to have it so my clams are in my rock instead of on it or apart from it. Currently I’m thinking a reef gorge type look but wondered what everyone else did.
Here’s the top down of my tank.
IMG_6748.jpeg
Looks good though! The corals have room to grow, spacing is good…what do you mean that you want the clams in the rock? I think they burrow in the rock but that happens naturally and it takes years most likely. Crocea clams do that. What I would do is get one large shelf rock and put the clam on there. I was going to do that very thing in my reef but I suck at keeping clams. I made a rock scape just for the clam too….i think my tank has to mature more. I currently have a leng sing monti on there for now…The derasa is good on the sandbed..

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good though! The corals have room to grow, spacing is good…what do you mean that you want the clams in the rock? I think they burrow in the rock but that happens naturally and it takes years most likely. Crocea clams do that. What I would do is get one large shelf rock and put the clam on there. I was going to do that very thing in my reef but I suck at keeping clams. I made a rock scape just for the clam too….i think my tank has to mature more. I currently have a leng sing monti on there for now…The derasa is good on the sandbed..
The thing is, I used a photo from a few months back, my tank is now mostly bleaching coral. My clams have gone through it all and come back stronger every time but my SPS are 10x harder than them.

seamonster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is, I used a photo from a few months back, my tank is now mostly bleaching coral. My clams have gone through it all and come back stronger every time but my SPS are 10x harder than them.
Your tank is shallow.. only a foot? Can you raise the lights?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your temp, overheating causes bleaching in corals too.. maybe turn down your light output…
My temperature is at 24°C, it never goes above. And if I take out lighting output, it will likely end up with not enough light for the Maxima clam.

However I got my ICP results back;
My lighting is fine but my Tin levels are sky high.

seamonster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My temperature is at 24°C, it never goes above. And if I take out lighting output, it will likely end up with not enough light for the Maxima clam.

However I got my ICP results back;
My lighting is fine but my Tin levels are sky high.
What are tin levels?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back