Super glue or epoxy for rock to bottom glass

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BangedUp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always used epoxy and glue to make my rocks sturdy but I want to put my newest art work to the bottom glass, should I use epoxy or superglue ?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always used epoxy and glue to make my rocks sturdy but I want to put my newest art work to the bottom glass, should I use epoxy or superglue ?
Are you going with a bare bottom reef?

Kayotic5011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im my findings playing with stuff like this is smooth surface doesn't stick to smooth surface unless air can be pressed from between it (super or any glue) but it you ruff up the surfaces and then use your glue or epoxy then you may just achieve your desired bond.....I just played with epoxy underwater with some rocks in my new 120 setup. I only bonded one rock to another but I learned a few things. First S-t-r-e-t-c-h is right epoxy wont bond to the smooth surface of glass or the black part of an over flow box (tried it)....but if you need to epoxy rock to rock you cant go wrong with epoxy putty, quick cure, cures under water, and sets fast ready for fill of the tank in no time.

Are you going to do a glass bottom as asked before, or fill it with substrate around said glued rocks?...are you trying to bond rock to glass (I dont even think super glue will work for that)?

OP
OP
BangedUp

BangedUp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes just because I went a little crazy I would feel better if I could super glue it directly to tank bottom .... and sand will be going in also, it should be fine if not but I read somewhere people have done it when starting a dry tank from scratch

SickString

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about silicone? That’s how I attached rock rubble to the walls of my nano.

74924175-7E96-47F4-8F2A-F7558A100AA6.jpeg

24AAB3CE-058C-40F0-83EF-C648FCFF860F.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back