Rockin' the tank?

35delivery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this but you guys have some AWESOME tanks!:bigsmile: I really like the rock selections that you all have picked.I've seen different sites that offer different types of rock and am a little confused. My question is what type of rock are you using and what made you decide on that specific rock. Is one rock better than another for growing corals,etc or is it just personal preference? I just picked up my 29g tank last night and I'm pretty stoked about it. I'm planning on starting with a couple of softies, a blennie, clownfish and then work into some hard corals....any help is appreciated...Thanks! Bill

Zombo

Mantis Cult Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a generalization, rock is rock -- however, that said, some rock seems to be of better quality as far as having a large surface area per unit of weight. Many people are absolutly sold on the rock from Tampa Bay Saltwater and Sea Life, Inc. . Either place would serve you well if you want tons of life on your rock.
On the other hand, if you choose to not deal with the assorted hitchhikers (some bad), cured rock from other online vendors might be more your speed. Good luck!

Kate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gotten some awesome rock, from Gulfview! There is a lot of corals and sponges, and good critters on it!

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 47 42.3%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back