RODI in a C-Pap machine?

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Messages
2,925
Reaction score
179
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So went in for a sleep study with gentle nudge (maybe it was a shove, can't remember the details now) from my wife. They said on average I stop breathing 47 times an hour between 15 seconds to 90 seconds at a time;) Nothing sexier than wearing a cpap machine I think. My question is a stupid one, I need to use distilled water in the device. Can I use rodi water? Only reason I ask is I know drinking it is a no no, but what about evaporated going into your nose and lungs? Any issues?
Actually come to think of it, isn't distilled and rodi essentially the same thing?
 
Hmmm I wear a C-Pap machine... Well ok I own one and am supposed to wear it but I hate the thing. I didn't know you have to use distilled? I use just regular tapwater. What's the reason? Hmmm I guess I'll be googling this.
 
Correct me if I'm wrong but iI thought the difference is that RODI isn't sterile but distilled water is sterile.
 
Yeah I think I read somewhere that they are the same but the process to make distilled water is more expensive, but they are the same, which I guess makes this post irrelevant lol.
 
you will need to boil the ro di in clean glass to help to kill any bacteria that may have formed from the tubing. There are at times bad things in that make it thru tap water and after the ro/di process removes all of the chlorine they can flourish. unless you break down and steralize the unit regularly and have a post unit UV I wouldn't use it for that without atleast a post ro/di boiling of the water.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new