RODI Insanity

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,
I have an older liquigen system. All new filters from BRS and RO membrane in less than a year old. I was burning through DI resin and only getting 0 tds for a few days. Then creeping up. My pressure was low at 35. I got a BRS pump and put it on tonight and chaos ensued. The pump would not go below 85 psi and started at 100 (pegged) on start up. My TDS was all over the place. From 450 to 1. I was getting ERR sometimes too. Before I put the pump on incoming tds was only 180. Now the meter won’t even turn off.

Any guesses?

I have a spectrapure add on and new resin arriving tomorrow. I’m ditching the horizontal tubes on the old liquigen unit.

Thanks!

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you flushing your RO membrane every time you turn it on?? Otherwise, you'll get TDS creep. Also, it's not conventional wisdom but I like changing out the membrane faster than most would suggest.

Liquigen has really SMALL DI canisters. Your booster pump should definitely double the life of your resin... IMO though, I would just go buy a better unit than liquagen

OP
OP
Tiki Reef Joshua

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point it’s just a filter holder. The di chambers will be spectrapure tomorrow. But I don’t understand my rapid TDS fluctuations? Yes a flush. Thanks!

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a guess, but I think your TDS meter may be on the fritz. Got any pictures of your setup? Most (all?) of the TDS sensors I've seen must have the probe installed so it is oriented with the water flow or they will not read accurately. If you've ever taken it apart, it's possible that that it may be assembled wrong (I've even heard of them coming assembled wrong from the factory).

OP
OP
Tiki Reef Joshua

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea. I’ve taken it apart and made sure the alignment is right. Come to think of it the display was really faded, it could be a simple as batteries. That would be a coincidence, but not an impossible one. I’ll take pictures and report back tomorrow with fresh batteries. Thanks.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 133 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.0%
Back