RODI issue after filter replacement

khmer86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a slight concern with my 6 stage RODI system from BulkReefSupply. I've changed several filter kits over the years but never came into any issue. Prior to replacing the filter kit, whenever I am finish making my RODI water, the water flow from the waste line and the clean water will almost immediately stop, but after replacing this one the water flow will still flow for several seconds give or take about 6-10 seconds. It doesn't sound like a big deal but any changes prior and after replacement will always raise a concern in my head. Initially there was air traps in the line which was resolved after flushing the membrane but weird and odd that the flow still continues on after shutting off the main water source (faucet). Also, the only thing that I unplugged was the red line (see picture). anyone have any idea or have similar issues? I've contacted BRS but awaiting their response. Any advice, comments, tips will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

RODI.png

OP
OP
K

khmer86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes TDS going out is 0. I tried to remove the canister and putting screw it back in, still the same. I got response from bulkreefsupply which simply asked if my flush valve is closed when making water which it is not since whenever I flush the membrane I can hear the noise flushing but while open it is quiet. I guess no harm no foul and just keep an eye for any leakage or anything abnormal ‍♂️

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back