RODI Question

Rayzzfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a purely h20 rodi. It is a 75 gpd. I want to change it to 150 gpd. I was wondering if I would have to change the housing for the membrane as well as the membrane. The second question is I have another filter for taste and odor. Does that one need to be on for just a aquarium rodi. Just wondering ...

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest you piggyback a 2nd 75 gpd RO membrane after the first one and change the flow restrictor to a 150gpd. It will not only give you 150 gpd of permeate but will also cut your waste water way down.

The taste and odor filter is most likely an inline filter and is used mostly for under the sink setups. If you have sediment and carbon filter before the membrane you don't need the inline filter also.

Do you happen to have a DI stage after the membrane?

OP
OP
Rayzzfish

Rayzzfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I don't. I have di, sediment filter, charcoal filter, 75 membrane, then taste and odor.

OP
OP
Rayzzfish

Rayzzfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question. I Know I'm starting up my old thread but I need help. I took my ro all apart. Now I forgot how it goes back together. I took it a part to replace with new parts. My ro is like 8 years old. I bought another x2 75 GPd membranes to make it 150 gpd, and a new flow restrictor, hoses, TDs meter, and some other odds and ends. I could really use some help to put it back together if someone could share there time with me. Thanks

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back