Rodi set up equipment

Afkomjorgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to check that this is all the equipment that I need to get started.

We live in a city on the edge of Seattle and our water generally comes from local reservoirs. Our tank is 64 gallons total volume. We don't have a sink in our garage... Has anyone had luck setting this up with their water hose? Any issues with the pressure from the hose with the RODI unit? Our sink and laundry are in another room..

I have a rectangle stock tank in the garage that probably holds 30-35 gallons.
I'm looking at this RODI system.

I think I need these additional parts. The float to keep the RODI from overfilling the stock tank, the ball valve and T-connector to create a flush between the RO and DI?

Is there any other equipment or plumbing I'm not considering?

This is my first time working with this equipment, any advice is very welcome!
Thank you!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How far away is the closest water source (laundry, utility sink, etc.)? Can you run the RODI water line (either temporarily or permanently) from that location? For my system I was able to tap into a water line as one of my upgrades. I started out with a very basic system and have upgraded over time to a water mixing station that is comparable to what would be in a small LFS.

You may find the following thread interesting:

OP
OP
Afkomjorgen

Afkomjorgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far away is the closest water source (laundry, utility sink, etc.)? Can you run the RODI water line (either temporarily or permanently) from that location? For my system I was able to tap into a water line as one of my upgrades. I started out with a very basic system and have upgraded over time to a water mixing station that is comparable to what would be in a small LFS.

You may find the following thread interesting:
Thank you! I’ll check out that link.

laundry room is across a hallway with a utility sink in the same room.
there is a water heater in the garage, is that usable?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The water heater should be fed by a cold water supply (obviously you don't want to tap into the hot water line). It is a good idea to always check with a plumber and consider hiring a plumber for the work. One option could be to add a PVC T fitting to a cold water line with a PVC shutoff on the offshoot from the T followed by a fitting to reduce the new side water line to a John Gauss/Shark Byte-style quick disconnect where the RODI line could be connected. The RODI line would then head to your RODI system with recommended push connect shutoff right before your RODI and another one before your RODI container. There are likely many ways to configure this setup and this is not intend to be the only way.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back