Rodi system 2 sediment?

LilysDad

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2022
Messages
72
Reaction score
18
Location
Arkansas
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as of now i have a 7 rodi system . 1 sediment 2 carbon 2 membranes and 2 DI i was thinking of adding a 2nd sediment filter does anyone have 2 sediment filters? that they are running? will it hurt or y'all think it will do a better job? my pressure is at 75psi so I'm good on pressure
 
as of now i have a 7 rodi system . 1 sediment 2 carbon 2 membranes and 2 DI i was thinking of adding a 2nd sediment filter does anyone have 2 sediment filters? that they are running? will it hurt or y'all think it will do a better job? my pressure is at 75psi so I'm good on pressure

Not going to hurt.

Do you have a booster pump installed?

What rated sediment do you use now?
 
I use a 2 sediment. First is 5 micron and second is 1 micron. 1 micron is expensive so the 5 micron do the heavy lifting and help keep the 1 micron changes to a minimum.
 
Not going to hurt.

Do you have a booster pump installed?

What rated sediment do you use now?
no booster pump house pressure is pretty good. I'm using 5 micron 10in
 
no booster pump house pressure is pretty good. I'm using 5 micron 10in

Without the booster you will lose some pressure. As the sediment traps more you will lose more pressure. I would stick with a 1 micron without the booster.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new