RODI system line hood ups

Wojtek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am completely getting my butt kicked with this RODI unit trying to get it hooked up right.

I've bought it second hand so I don't have the brand name or anything to narrow my search.

I am so confused how this thing should be plumbed, Ive attached a picture of the unit and hopefully someone can recognize the brand and/or help with hooking it up.
It has two restrictor valves one says 850 and the other 400, and then the box with four lines that I completely don't understand.

First of I want to hook it up correctly, then add a pressure gauge, booster pump, and a second membrane.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RODI edited.jpg RODI Top view.jpg

OP
OP
W

Wojtek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another picture

Attachments

• DAFF2925-D1A1-48D7-9845-E5683B8CB939.jpeg
    DAFF2925-D1A1-48D7-9845-E5683B8CB939.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 14

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to do with pictures and just describing, but the block is part of auto shut off valve(shuts everything off at certain pressure like when using float valve). It should have one side for "in" and one for "out". The top "in" should come from your last carbon filter. The top "out" should go to your membrane. Then the good output of the ro should go to one side of the bottom and the other side of bottom goes to your di(for the bottom connections in/out dont matter just pick one).

For this to work you need some shutoff (float valve or otherwise). Also there should be a check valve somewhere in line after RO. It is probably already there in the 90 elbow fitting.

I have no idea why you would have two restrictors there. Generally the restrictor goes on the waste line coming out of the ro membrane and is sized to the membrane. For example for a 75gpd system you want around an 800 restrictor.

OP
OP
W

Wojtek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I figured it out, just had to take a few steps back and drink a couple beers.
Added a pump, a pressure gauge, and a second membrane, what a difference at around 85 psi.

OP
OP
W

Wojtek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to do with pictures and just describing, but the block is part of auto shut off valve(shuts everything off at certain pressure like when using float valve). It should have one side for "in" and one for "out". The top "in" should come from your last carbon filter. The top "out" should go to your membrane. Then the good output of the ro should go to one side of the bottom and the other side of bottom goes to your di(for the bottom connections in/out dont matter just pick one).

For this to work you need some shutoff (float valve or otherwise). Also there should be a check valve somewhere in line after RO. It is probably already there in the 90 elbow fitting.

I have no idea why you would have two restrictors there. Generally the restrictor goes on the waste line coming out of the ro membrane and is sized to the membrane. For example for a 75gpd system you want around an 800 restrictor.
I took the second restrictor (850) off and just left the 400 on the waste line. Right now I’m showing 2 TDS going into DI resin and 0 coming out, at around 85 psi.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back