RODI System Setup

BillyP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all, so I just bought a BRS 4 stage RODI system with 2 extra DI stages attached and I heard something that you can't have more than 40ft of tubing to your system, is this true? I previously had my RODI system mounted in my laundry room till I decided to move it to the tank. I have a pressure gauge to check which I'm just waiting on fittings at the moment but if the pressure is at 60 psi, does it matter how long the tubing is? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all, so I just bought a BRS 4 stage RODI system with 2 extra DI stages attached and I heard something that you can't have more than 40ft of tubing to your system, is this true? I previously had my RODI system mounted in my laundry room till I decided to move it to the tank. I have a pressure gauge to check which I'm just waiting on fittings at the moment but if the pressure is at 60 psi, does it matter how long the tubing is? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
I wouldn't think so. As long as you have 60 or so psi going into your unit it shouldn't matter how long the tubing is.

JT's Adventures

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to hook up a BRS 5 stage Ro di with the 150 gallon upgrade kit on it. I think I've got it all hooked up correctly but when I turn it on it's leaking. I think the leak is coming from where one of the reservoirs screws on onto the housing and I've tried to take it off with the wrench they Supply you, but I can't get it to turn one way or the other, any suggestions? I mean how tight are those things on there?

OP
OP
B

BillyP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to hook up a BRS 5 stage Ro di with the 150 gallon upgrade kit on it. I think I've got it all hooked up correctly but when I turn it on it's leaking. I think the leak is coming from where one of the reservoirs screws on onto the housing and I've tried to take it off with the wrench they Supply you, but I can't get it to turn one way or the other, any suggestions? I mean how tight are those things on there?

Yeah they're pretty tight the first time you get them, I'm pretty sure that's mainly to preserve the DI that's included. But after the first time of twisting it, it should be pretty easy the next time, it might be tight and leaking because they might have threaded onto the system wrong so once you get it off and screw it back in, it shouldn't leak.

JT's Adventures

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they're pretty tight the first time you get them, I'm pretty sure that's mainly to preserve the DI that's included. But after the first time of twisting it, it should be pretty easy the next time, it might be tight and leaking because they might have threaded onto the system wrong so once you get it off and screw it back in, it shouldn't leak.
I messed around with it enough and finally got them to unscrew and screw back on and they seem like they're threaded on okay but it looks like it's leaking on the connection between the first sediment filter and the first Micron Universal carbon block is it possible to leak between the two?

OP
OP
B

BillyP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes if it's between the 2 90 degree adapters then yeah it can leak. Do you have a picture of the leak

JT's Adventures

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20180408-163614.png

JT's Adventures

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to upload a video of the leak but it didn't work it's coming out in the little gap between the two containers all the way up at the top it doesn't look like it's the seal around each individual canister

Bigfishy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to upload a video of the leak but it didn't work it's coming out in the little gap between the two containers all the way up at the top it doesn't look like it's the seal around each individual canister

If it is around the connection where it screws in the you need to put teflon tape around the treads. You will need to unscrew and wrap the tape around the threads. It could also put the tubing just needs to be pushed in the connection.

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would contact BRS about the leak for sure. They will help you get it fixed, great CS mad support for their products.

Landon722

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unscrew the filters and reset the rubber gasket. Just pull the small black gasket out and put it back in place, seems really simple but it takes care of the problem.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back