RODI unit tds

  • Thread starter Thread starter valley
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

valley

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2024
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have had my brs 4 stage 75 gpd since December and so it has been about 6 months. I’ve been using it more often than usual because I just set up a 60 gallon tank with live ocean rock and I’ve had to do big water changes. Now that I’m using it again today I’m noticing that the tds of the water coming in is 3 and the water coming out is 4. I’ve let it run for some time and it hasn’t changed. I just used it last week and tds was coming out as 0. I always make sure to flush the unit before and after use. Does this mean I have to replace the filters?
 
Your tap water is 3?
 
Presumably, 'in' and 'out' are referring to the DI canister. If so, then the DI media is exhausted and needs to be replaced. Once the TDS on the final product water (that is, the water that comes out of the DI canister) is greater than zero, I'd replace the DI media.
 
Hello, I have had my brs 4 stage 75 gpd since December and so it has been about 6 months. I’ve been using it more often than usual because I just set up a 60 gallon tank with live ocean rock and I’ve had to do big water changes. Now that I’m using it again today I’m noticing that the tds of the water coming in is 3 and the water coming out is 4. I’ve let it run for some time and it hasn’t changed. I just used it last week and tds was coming out as 0. I always make sure to flush the unit before and after use. Does this mean I have to replace the filters?
Like mentioned above we assume this is your DI section, if so replace the media.
Has the color changed? It usually comes with color changing resin to warn u, also make sure your TDS prongs are rotated to its proper position to give u a proper reading.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new