Rodi waste water uses.Tips?

pezgal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to save it .
Use for filling the washing machine for laundry , flushing the toilet , washing the car mopping floors .
But there is only so many things to use it for and so much water …

Now …. I barely ever do water changes and only making water for ato ( still roughly 5gal per week )
Me too! I change out about 5g of salt water per month and make 5g per week for ato. I marvel when I look back at how much water I used to run through when my tank was young. Gonna have to check out this adding another ro membrane to the system to reduce my rejection rate just so I don't feel like I'm flushing money down the drain. I'm in arid, drought stricken sw colorado where water is fairly precious.

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, plus where do you store all of this water too. I was thinking to save some (maybe 10 gallon) Will be using some to wash my car now as well :) So you don’t do water changes at all? How big is your tank?
I would not wash my car with it. It will be harder than the water going into rodi system, will leave water spots like crazy.

Pinky80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on where you live, and how "thick" your municipal water is. I just figure, anything I can filter out that is not good for my fish is likely not good for anything living. So I let my waste water go down the drain. But I also run a dual membrane RODI, so my waste water quantity is relatively low and really concentrated with the bad stuff.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 92 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back