RODI Waste Water

DaveG26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a Coralife 50GPD rodi running and I have minimal waste water coming out?? The pressure is around 100 with the booster pump running with it. Is this amount of waste water ok? I don’t want to use the water if the filter isn’t working right.

Thanks!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your wastewater output should be a multiple of the pure water produced, and that ratio is variable amongst r/o units. I think mine is supposed to produce 1 cup of pure water for 4 cups of wastewater, but at the moment I don't remember what that number is suppose to be.

If you are getting closer to 1 to 1, then for sure something is not correct with your unit or set up. Do you have documentation, or can you look up the ratio online what the ratio of rejection water to produced water is supposed to be for your unit?

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your output with a tds meter. That will tell you if it is working properly. It should be 95% or more better than your input water depending on the RO membrane.

OP
OP
D

DaveG26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The waste water elbow had a flow restrictor inside it. I removed it but now my pressure is at 50 and there’s almost no good water, the waste water is pouring out like crazy. I’ll have to measure but it has to be almost 10:1 waste/ good water.

Hnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a 50 gallon per day unit so when working properly, the product water drips while the waste water pours. That was exactly how my very first RODI unit was and it was also a 50 gallon per day. I now have a 800 gallon per day unit and the product and waste water ratio is 1:2. I get 1 gallon of product water for every 2 gallons of waste water. Booster pump keeps keeps my PSI at 60, water going in is 35-40 TDS, 1 TDS after RO membranes and 0 TDS after dual DI canister.

OP
OP
D

DaveG26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a flow restrictor and tds meter. the first batch of water I made has a tds of 0, second batch is 3-4. My tap water has a tds of 299 and my waste water reads 499 tds. Everything seems to be working better with the flow restrictor. My tap water here is nasty, we don’t even drink it, so I think I’m going to be replacing filters very frequently.

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My TDS is in the 400's going in, check out BRS's 3 DI resin system. It is saving me money!

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the BRS 6 Stage 150 water saver and I get about a 1 to 1 ratio sometimes I feel my good product is coming out just a tad faster than my waste line. But it gives me 0 TDS and thats what I am shooting for, for the RO which we use for drinking its usually about 10-13 and thats what goes into the 2 DI stages.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 77 40.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 95 50.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.7%
Back