Roller Mats

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok peeps. I might be causing a nitrate problem in my tank. I forgot to change my filter socks and they have been in for a week (maybe more). I need to get a roller mat thingy. What are you roller matter using? Let me know. Thanks.

Sam816

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using Klir7" model as it drops right in the sock holder of my waterbox's sump. It is definitely a convenience. Changing rolls is not difficult. If you go Klir route make sure your filter has newer 11 RPM motor. older ones were not strong enough and caused a lot of issues. there is a section on coralvue's website where you can get an open box unit for much less.

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am going to look into this. I was also doing research on the Thiling Roller mat

Joeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Klir-4 and my first roll was flawless. My second roll seems to be troublesome and I need to manually create some slack and then restart it so it will roll. I feel confident that I'll be able to get it working again so I would totally recommend it. I hated changing socks and floss and this is a great option when it works. I'd almost giggle when I would hear it turn on because it felt like I was getting away with something :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 115 74.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back