Rose BTA hiding under rock

GuiLozano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I have my rose BTA for 6 weeks now. She was doing perfect, great color eating really good and so. She was in the same rock for 5 weeks just moving few inches. Like 4-5 days ago she moved under the rock and today started to be small. I can’t move the rock because is the main big one of the tank. This week I was trying to give her the usually piece of shrimp or oyster and is not taking it. She is reviving a little of light, my tanks is the biocube32. Not sure if all the thing in front of the anemone is a lot if pop. I got a phosphate increased this week to 3.5 put now 2 days ago I took it down to 0.05. Alkalinity 9. Temperature 76-78F, nitrates 0ppm, ammonia 0ppm.
The other thing is that where she is now is the spot of the blood shrimp so when she starts to open and the shrimp touch her with the antenas she closes again for sure is in a lot of stress there

4F8B22AF-3BA4-47ED-86AD-3A43C22B27CE.jpeg B3A5C2F9-C97E-4A38-B227-27CAF3504DC2.jpeg

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's interesting. Very nice Rose BTA! In my experience, BTA likes to "Do what they do" and move about until they find their spot, which could change as the anemone gets larger. Usually, these don't like heavy water flow.

What's the flow look like in the tank, and have you introduced any new powerheads or lamps?

OP
OP
G

GuiLozano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's interesting. Very nice Rose BTA! In my experience, BTA likes to "Do what they do" and move about until they find their spot, which could change as the anemone gets larger. Usually, these don't like heavy water flow.

What's the flow look like in the tank, and have you introduced any new powerheads or lamps?
As is a small tank it just have the pump for the current but I have it in a good position that all the tank has a nice and smooth flow. Just near it has stronger flow but there I have my father polyps that they enjoy it a lot.
i was reading about the light of the biocube32 and just made an adjustment to the schedule of the timers. Maybe the anemone need more light as I had it. Let’s see.

OP
OP
G

GuiLozano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As is a small tank it just have the pump for the current but I have it in a good position that all the tank has a nice and smooth flow. Just near it has stronger flow but there I have my father polyps that they enjoy it a lot.
i was reading about the light of the biocube32 and just made an adjustment to the schedule of the timers. Maybe the anemone need more light as I had it. Let’s see.
I just program it as this previous post on this page to try it. I did have the moonlight just at night and during the day just day light with out the moonlight

Attachments

• B5A51545-9B98-4496-8CB2-C375D462DA82.png
    B5A51545-9B98-4496-8CB2-C375D462DA82.png
    418.7 KB · Views: 29

Tamale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine it was the change in the lighting that sparked the moving (if that’s all you changed). The rapid fluctuations in phos May have irked it too?

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ni grates are low. They shouldn't be at zero. My bta's also do this when they are about to split. But it could be the change in lighting.

OP
OP
G

GuiLozano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine it was the change in the lighting that sparked the moving (if that’s all you changed). The rapid fluctuations in phos May have irked it too?
Hi
I just made the light program adjustment some minutes ago to check if that helps

OP
OP
G

GuiLozano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ni grates are low. They shouldn't be at zero. My bta's also do this when they are about to split. But it could be the change in lighting.
Yes
Trying to get them a little higher. Maybe will slip, hope so jeje. The change on the light for more intensity and hours was today. So it’s not the light what it made that.
hope is going to slip and nothing else

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes
Trying to get them a little higher. Maybe will slip, hope so jeje. The change on the light for more intensity and hours was today. So it’s not the light what it made that.
hope is going to slip and nothing else
How's the nem? I recently made changes to lighting and my lta has been moving, now under rockwork

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back