Rose BTA: Stuck in back corner in tank

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How deep is your sandbed? Can we see a full tank picture?

OP
OP
L

LuisJr80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How deep is your sandbed? Can we see a full tank picture?
2-3 inch live sand bed.

D73808F0-EC64-4ACD-AB7A-34D269384FFF.jpeg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best method to get an LTA to attach is to get a small segment of PVC pipe, open on both ends, dig it all the way down into the sand until it's resting against the bottom glass. Clear out all the sand in the middle so it's bare glass, place the nem in the PVC and leave it until it attaches, then gently lift the PVC and let the sand surround the foot.

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the color scheme but you can see that it looks like she is trying to grab ahold of the back of the tank.
That is 100% a long tentacle anemone (macrodactyla doreensis) not a bta. These verracue are a dead giveaway. Knowing that is important because lta’s (long tentacle anemones) live in the sand. So it’s chosen location is 100% expected. It can take a bit for them to bury their foot and they prefer a deeper sandbed (4-6”).
F1C32764-C9FC-4DA6-874B-87EE20963CC5.jpeg

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that quote ' blues hide clues' :)
I'll add to my posts :) :)
'if in doubt throw it out '
I suggest getting rid of “if in doubt throw it out”…..perhaps….”if in doubt segregate until identified.” I cringe every time I see that phrase. The number of awesome hitchhikers killed because someone couldn’t put something in a breeder box or Tupperware dish when forums like this allow 90+% of critters to be identifiable in a matter of hours……just saying ;)

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest getting rid of “if in doubt throw it out”…..perhaps….”if in doubt segregate until identified.” I cringe every time I see that phrase. The number of awesome hitchhikers killed because someone couldn’t put something in a breeder box or Tupperware dish when forums like this allow 90+% of critters to be identifiable in a matter of hours……just saying ;)
I appreciate all critter identification by others and also do my own research if I come across something I've never seen before. I've never seen so many different species of critters and I would not of known about them if it was not for reef2reef.

I apologise for using the terms 'if in doubt throw it out' and now new one added ' blues hide clues'
These are terms used in reef2reef community and I'm still learning. The 'abbrevation' OP is also something I needed to ask meaning of, along with many others that I'm still learning about.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate all critter identification by others and also do my own research if I come across something I've never seen before. I've never seen so many different species of critters and I would not of known about them if it was not for reef2reef.

I apologise for using the terms 'if in doubt throw it out' and now new one added ' blues hide clues'
These are terms used in reef2reef community and I'm still learning. The 'abbrevation' OP is also something I needed to ask meaning of, along with many others that I'm still learning about.
Op is original poster

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No need to apologize, just giving a different perspective.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 92 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back