ROX vs Reef spec carbon

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just curious if anyone has tried both rox (i am looking at the brs rox) carbon and red sea carbon. The details seem to show rox as slightly better than the red sea carbon but the red sea carbon is cheaper for me. Has anyone personally seen a difference between the two?

aqua_code

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rox is the ideal size and is always the best carbon from my research

this old brs video explains it well:

My guess is the red sea is just one of the cheaper generic carbons available on BRS

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve used both and they are both great. Red Sea Carbon is very clean just like ROX is. Unless there’s a sale on the ROX I usually just buy the Red Sea. I also like that it comes with a drawstring bag in the container.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using Reef Spec a while back instead of ROX, don’t remember why though. Haven’t noticed any difference. I should mention I get an ICP test done at least once a quarter also.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 52 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 37 28.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back