Royal gramma discoloration

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ramon reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ramon reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2025
Messages
48
Reaction score
12
Location
canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I'm trying out a royal gramma for the second time. My first attempt only lasted 1 night (ich) :(

The gramma has been in qt tank for 9 days with copper power at 2.35.

In the past few days I noticed a discoloration on one side of his tail.

He has been eating really well and swimming in the open. Although he does like his abs pipe to sleep in.

I was wondering if someone can tell me if I should be worried?

20250802_083230.jpg 20250802_083303.jpg 20250802_083522.jpg 20250802_083323.jpg
 
Hi everyone,

I'm trying out a royal gramma for the second time. My first attempt only lasted 1 night (ich) :(

The gramma has been in qt tank for 9 days with copper power at 2.35.

In the past few days I noticed a discoloration on one side of his tail.

He has been eating really well and swimming in the open. Although he does like his abs pipe to sleep in.

I was wondering if someone can tell me if I should be worried?

20250802_083230.jpg 20250802_083303.jpg 20250802_083522.jpg 20250802_083323.jpg

Tough to see, but it seems to be a large area. The fish can still swim well?
My first thought is an injury, but that looks too large for the fire fish to have caused this, but maybe?

I don’t see anything immediately treatable. Are you planning to treat for flukes after the copper?
 
Tough to see, but it seems to be a large area. The fish can still swim well?
My first thought is an injury, but that looks too large for the fire fish to have caused this, but maybe?

I don’t see anything immediately treatable. Are you planning to treat for flukes after the copper?
Yes, prazipro, and yes swimming well.
 
Tough to see, but it seems to be a large area. The fish can still swim well?
My first thought is an injury, but that looks too large for the fire fish to have caused this, but maybe?

I don’t see anything immediately treatable. Are you planning to treat for flukes after the copper?
I was able to get a clear picture
Screenshot_20250802_132654_Gallery.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new