Royal Gramma dying

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay thank you for the helpful response and explanation. I'm so disappointed that my purchase of this fish is going to support unethical and unsustainable collection practices. I've always been iffy about buying wild caught fish and will probably only purchase aquacultured moving forward. I'm also going to discuss this with the shop I bought it from to see what their thoughts are. If they knowingly stocked a fish that was collected in such a way I may limit, or perhaps completely cease spending my money with them depending on how they respond.

Thank you again for sharing this information!

Your store likely doesn't know the origin of the fish. the supply chain hides that information pretty well. I should add that the fish could have also come from the Dominican Republic, and those don't have the same issues as the ones from Haiti do.

Jay

TinyReef522

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay thank you for the helpful response and explanation. I'm so disappointed that my purchase of this fish is going to support unethical and unsustainable collection practices. I've always been iffy about buying wild caught fish and will probably only purchase aquacultured moving forward. I'm also going to discuss this with the shop I bought it from to see what their thoughts are. If they knowingly stocked a fish that was collected in such a way I may limit, or perhaps completely cease spending my money with them depending on how they respond.

Thank you again for sharing this information!
@Biota_Marine sells captive bred royal gramma if you want a more ethical source.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 65 41.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 35 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 5.7%
Back