Royal gramma has hid since adding it yesterday

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fire shrimp hang out right there all the time too.. not sure if that’s bad or good..

The gramma will give it a dig in a few days time, when he gets more confident, mine head butts my cleaner shrimp if it goes near it’s cave, nothing too bad just a warning shot, the cleaner knows to go the long way round the tank if it doesn’t want hitting but some times braves it.

My gramma hid for maybe 2 days, when I first got him, coming out more and more but he still hides as soon as the light come on, only coming out to move to another hole or food, he’s out all the time before the lights turn on.

KWT

Keep on keepin on
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine hid out foe about a week, sometimes could not see it at all. Comes out for food, and now it is out most of the time. It eats about anything I put in the tank.

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL... it just came out right after chatting with ya'll and finally got pics !! Thanks!! I love these little guys that find homes in the rocks.. I need more.. suggestions??
I’m glad he finally came out! Mine hides all the time, but he’s one tough little fish!!! He’s the only survivor of a velvet outbreak and survived a bad attack by a clownfish. He just keeps going strong, and is by himself in my nano tank now. They’re beautiful little guys!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not usual. As long as you acclimated it properly, he will at least come out for food. They are bashful

OP
OP
revenant

revenant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to follow up on this one... The RG is a lot more adventurous but still skittish. It does come out at feeding time and eat with everyone... It has a few hiding spots and can usually be seen poking it's dead out of one of them.. In the morning between 9 and 10am my tank gets a lot of natural light and it's out almost all of the time then.. I could turn my light down a bit but I think it's acclimating fine as is... so just going to leave things be. Thanks for all of the information everyone!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back