Royal gramma has hid since adding it yesterday

  • Thread starter Thread starter revenant
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
The fire shrimp hang out right there all the time too.. not sure if that’s bad or good..

The gramma will give it a dig in a few days time, when he gets more confident, mine head butts my cleaner shrimp if it goes near it’s cave, nothing too bad just a warning shot, the cleaner knows to go the long way round the tank if it doesn’t want hitting but some times braves it.

My gramma hid for maybe 2 days, when I first got him, coming out more and more but he still hides as soon as the light come on, only coming out to move to another hole or food, he’s out all the time before the lights turn on.
 
Mine hid out foe about a week, sometimes could not see it at all. Comes out for food, and now it is out most of the time. It eats about anything I put in the tank.
 
LOL... it just came out right after chatting with ya'll and finally got pics !! Thanks!! I love these little guys that find homes in the rocks.. I need more.. suggestions??
I’m glad he finally came out! Mine hides all the time, but he’s one tough little fish!!! He’s the only survivor of a velvet outbreak and survived a bad attack by a clownfish. He just keeps going strong, and is by himself in my nano tank now. They’re beautiful little guys!
 
Not usual. As long as you acclimated it properly, he will at least come out for food. They are bashful
 
Just wanted to follow up on this one... The RG is a lot more adventurous but still skittish. It does come out at feeding time and eat with everyone... It has a few hiding spots and can usually be seen poking it's dead out of one of them.. In the morning between 9 and 10am my tank gets a lot of natural light and it's out almost all of the time then.. I could turn my light down a bit but I think it's acclimating fine as is... so just going to leave things be. Thanks for all of the information everyone!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new