Royal Gramma Nipped at

  • Thread starter Thread starter ParkerK
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ParkerK

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2020
Messages
229
Reaction score
75
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in my 32 gallon biocube I’ve recently lost one of my clowns, and I’ve noticed my royal gramma is being less active. My other clown is super happy and just started hosting my BTA. The other fish is my melanarus wrasse which I think could be a culprit for nipping at my gramma. My gramma has lost some of its fin and I’m not sure what’s the reason. Any ideas?
 
Live aquaria say the melanarus wrasse wants 50 gallons or more. Even though they are a peaceful fish, to small of a tank could be cause for any fish to show aggression. It's not always about the bio load in a tank but also how active a fish is.
Have you seen any aggression? Or is this just speculation?
 
Last edited:
IoLive aquaria say the melanarus wrasse wants 50 gallons or more. Even though they are a peaceful fish, to small of a tank could be cause for any fish to show aggression. It's not always about the bio load in a tank but also how active a fish is.
Have you seen any aggression? Or is this just speculation?
+1
 
Live aquaria say the melanarus wrasse wants 50 gallons or more. Even though they are a peaceful fish, to small of a tank could be cause for any fish to show aggression. It's not always about the bio load in a tank but also how active a fish is.
Have you seen any aggression? Or is this just speculation?
Speculation. My guy at the store wouldn’t sell me it if he didn’t think my tank was big enough. He won’t let me buy anything that’s too big.
 
Speculation. My guy at the store wouldn’t sell me it if he didn’t think my tank was big enough. He won’t let me buy anything that’s too big.
Melanarus needs space as they swim a lot and this may lead to aggression. Unfortunately LFS is not always the best source of information.
 
So in my 32 gallon biocube I’ve recently lost one of my clowns, and I’ve noticed my royal gramma is being less active. My other clown is super happy and just started hosting my BTA. The other fish is my melanarus wrasse which I think could be a culprit for nipping at my gramma. My gramma has lost some of its fin and I’m not sure what’s the reason. Any ideas?
It could also be the clown.
 
It could also be the clown.
Would clowns be that aggressive tho? I mean it makes sense since this just started and recently it started hosting my BTA...
 
could be clowns or the wrasse, my wrasse is only half grown and in a 55G, i definitely wouldn't put him in any smaller long term. But clowns can just be evil sometimes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new