Royal Gramma not coming out??

Deadlocked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did a water change on my biocube and usually after im done my gramma comes right out. Now, its nowehere to be seen. The siphon i use isnt big enough to suck him up. Even my other fish seems to be looking around for it. Im getting really worried. I moved a lot of sand around, i dont see how that couldve mader it stuck somewhere. Any siggestions? thanks

OP
OP
D

Deadlocked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you bury the entrance to a cave he was using?
I basically just took all of my rock work out because i thought maybe he got stuck somehow.. and i put a rock down on my table.. turn back around to grab it and my RG is on the table flopping. So, hes back in the tank im just preying he's okay and doesnt die. Im pretty upset w myself.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be skittish fish. Next time, if a fish is missing after a water change or some disruption, give it some time instead of creating further disruption.

OP
OP
D

Deadlocked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be skittish fish. Next time, if a fish is missing after a water change or some disruption, give it some time instead of creating further disruption.
do you think itll survive after being out of the water for a couple minutes?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it seemed ok when you got it back in the tank, I think it will be fine. Did it hit the water and bolt into hiding? That would be a good sign, I think.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you think itll survive after being out of the water for a couple minutes?
Can you see him swimming now? Is so I'd say yes. Few minutes shouldn't be a problem particularly if he wasn't hurt jumping out of tank

OP
OP
D

Deadlocked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it seemed ok when you got it back in the tank, I think it will be fine. Did it hit the water and bolt into hiding? That would be a good sign, I think.
Yeah it's still hiding. It's pretty freaked out right now so I'll leave him be.

OP
OP
D

Deadlocked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I basically just took all of my rock work out because i thought maybe he got stuck somehow.. and i put a rock down on my table.. turn back around to grab it and my RG is on the table flopping. So, hes back in the tank im just preying he's okay and doesnt die. Im pretty upset w myself.
I definitely learned my lesson

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back