Royal gramma white spot?

Brad Coughlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added in this royal gramma today and have been watching him for a few hours and noticed this whiteish spot on its head, I first thought white spot but imo the patch looks too big to be that, any ideas? I wouldn't say it is aggression since it was taken from a tank by itself
1692929384979.png

OP
OP
Brad Coughlan

Brad Coughlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added in this royal gramma today and have been watching him for a few hours and noticed this whiteish spot on its head, I first thought white spot but imo the patch looks too big to be that, any ideas? I wouldn't say it is aggression since it was taken from a tank by itself
1692929384979.png

EDIT:
I set up my phone to film the royal gramma since it enjoys hiding a lot atm, if anyone could give a general overview of how healthy the fish looks it would be greatly appreciated!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
EDIT:
I set up my phone to film the royal gramma since it enjoys hiding a lot atm, if anyone could give a general overview of how healthy the fish looks it would be greatly appreciated!

Looks to be a nick type injury. The rock looks like LIFE rock which is gritty and has sharp texture and a gramma who hides a lot and darts into rocks when spooked is likely to get this.
Keep an eye on it for healing and not becoming infected.

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen anything white on small fish that was a parasite. IMO, it's nothing.

OP
OP
Brad Coughlan

Brad Coughlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to be a nick type injury. The rock looks like LIFE rock which is gritty and has sharp texture and a gramma who hides a lot and darts into rocks when spooked is likely to get this.
Keep an eye on it for healing and not becoming infected.
I have noticed it darting in and out of small holes and caves in the rocks so yeah you are probably right, I also noticed something else white on the lower part of its body but I am certain that it was a grain of sand.

Thanks for the reply

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back