RTBA mouth off center

monster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have had my RTBA for about a year now and have manually split him twice. The first split went great but the mouth but the was off center in each after they closed back up. I made sure to split them almost perfectly down the middle with one cut. I laid them out making sure the foot and mouth we in the middle and cut. After they healed up they looked great and we eating like normal but their mouths were off center. So i waited two more months and decided to split them again and same thing near perfect line up and cut now these are also off center.

Now my question does anyone know if i can cut them anyway to get their mouth to being back in the center like a pacman section?

Im fragging them to be able to start selling them but I dont want to sell ones with off centered mouths.

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just takes time. I wouldn't cut them for aesthetic purposes. Cut to propagate and leave to heal. The mouth will migrate to center over time. Some strains are quicker than others.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back