Running RODI through walls

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently planning a new build and was hoping to put a lot of my equipment for water mixing/ato/auto water change in my garage. I need to RO cables through a couple of walls. Needs to go through the garage wall into the laundry room and behind the washer/dryer then through the hvac room and out to the wall where tank will be. All on 1 floor. Most of the holes won’t be seen but I’m hoping to get some tips on safety issues running the tubes (planning on leak sensors that are linked to my smart home) and hoping to eliminate all unions to avoid fail points.

Is there a good way to make the visible holes look nice? Also the garage to laundry room is insulated wall. Is there anything I should do on that wall to keep out the elements (I live in Florida)

RockyMountainReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When cutting the hole in the walls make holes larger than water lines so you can put pvc or a tube in the part that will be in the wall to help protect them from getting punctured from nails ext.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd maybe think about installing some type of plenum/chase, maybe even a PVC pipe that you could run your tubes/pipes through. it would contain any potential leaks and would be easy to push/pull new lines through if necessary. you could even install a pull cable to make it real easy.

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a smurf first so that in case I ever needed to run more lines would make it nice and easy after that I found used a 1-gang round wall plate that was 2in and found a cover for it, they make them white and stainless steel.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran mine up through the attic and down inside the wall to a wall box. The tubing is inside of PVC conduit so if it leaks it will spill out at one or both wall boxes. The tank is 35ft from the garage where the RODI and storage tanks are. I have my ATO pump, AWC pumps and a All For Reef dosing pump in the garage. All the pumps are actually dosing pumps. The water to and from the RODI comes from under the kitchen sink so there is also conduit and wall boxed going to and from there also. i live in Texas and have not had an issue with the tubing freezing. I do have insulation on the conduit where it is in the attic.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back