Running Skimmer tube outside

StikHedRon

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2012
Messages
931
Reaction score
171
Location
Central Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about running my air intake tube from my skimmer outside. Should I just continue from the muffler and go outside, or just go directly from the skimmer pump outside? Plus how far can I go before having to increase the size of the air tube?
 
I keep the muffler on mine with a cotton ball as a filter. I have about 4 feet on my tube and it goes into crawl space
 
Yea. I don't remember the hose diameter I have tho. It's about size of my pinky.

I think it may be 3/8
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new