Running Skimmer tube outside

StikHedRon

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2012
Messages
931
Reaction score
171
Location
Central Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about running my air intake tube from my skimmer outside. Should I just continue from the muffler and go outside, or just go directly from the skimmer pump outside? Plus how far can I go before having to increase the size of the air tube?
 
I keep the muffler on mine with a cotton ball as a filter. I have about 4 feet on my tube and it goes into crawl space
 
Yea. I don't remember the hose diameter I have tho. It's about size of my pinky.

I think it may be 3/8
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new