Ryan is engaged story....

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been on here in a long time, but want to share a great milestone in my life with the R2R community.
So last night, June30th 2012, my moms old boss threw a huge early July 4th party. Hundreds of people go, it's on 40 acres with a lake and her husband is a licensed pyro-technician so they do their own fireworks. There is also a band following the fireworks. Well I had this idea to propose to her on stage after one of the bands sets. So what I did was bought three bouquets, one red, white, and blue. Handed out raffle tickets telling everyone there was a free raffle for bouqets of flowers. Well after this was said and done fireworks go and the band starts playing. After a set the vocalist brought up the raffle and called the first two winners and then called my girlfriends numbers who ran up there in excitement. I walked right behind her, my mom and her old boss handed her the flowers then the vocalist was like 'who is this behind you?' and my girlfriend teared up looking at me, 'my boyfriiieeennnnddddd' then I am handed the microphone and tell everyone, 'sorry but the raffle was kind of rigged, the first two were actual winners however I had to get this one up here to ask her a very important question' then I get on my knee and everyone starts cheering and yelling joyously. I pop the question and am now engaged :)
It was really funny, I had her parents there, my parents, brother, good friend who is a photographer and took photos of it for me, but don't have those quite yet. Anyway, I thought some of you might enjoy that story and maybe even want to share yours :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ryan I am so happy for you buddy! This was a great story man!

wysiwyg

marine predator man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congrats wish you and yours the best of luck on your new endeaver

uall8up

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Ryan!!! What a wonderful story. I am very happy for you both! :clap2:

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great story and nice setup!! Congrats on the engagement and enjoy the wedding!! I am celebrating my 1 year in November and i was reminiscing about my proposal!!

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Ryan, and what a wonderful story and a beautiful memory it will make for the years to come.

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:clap2: Very nice!! Congratulations!!

OP
OP
nayrgaijin

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone :)
Tons of planning ahead! Oh man did I not know what I was in for when it comes to planning a wedding LOL

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 74 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back