5   0   0
IMG_20170807_191352.jpg

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know somewhere in your thread you added reef breeders leds to your ATI fixture. I'm thinking of ding the same. They are not cheap, so I wanted to know if you thought they were worth it? Is there a BIG visual difference?

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I know somewhere in your thread you added reef breeders leds to your ATI fixture. I'm thinking of ding the same. They are not cheap, so I wanted to know if you thought they were worth it? Is there a BIG visual difference?
Sorry bubba didnt see this post for some reason.

Depending on what you mean by difference, the led is just for night/for show really. Its the reef brite tech not xho. I have an xho, but when i do use it on my tanks my acans usually turn orange so i just dropped it all together. Im also thinking about adding the sb reef lights strip to my tank, love the way it looks and litterally everything about it just the driver(mostly due for par and overall lighting). Every 3-6 months ati post a "factory reload" thread usually the result is 30-50% off on their fixtures only due to a tiny scratch or dent. I actually bought one just to burn in bulbs, and to have a backup thats how great the price is. Also can find a used reefbrite strip for under 100bucks, just have to look around. Theres something about that reefbrite actinic look i cant move on about. I will always have atleast one on all my tanks.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
so you can't tell any difference during the day with them on?
When my bulbs are all on 100% barely. Back in my thread somewhere i took a photo of all a coral under just t5s, and the t5s with the reefbrite. The colors just look alot better when the reefbrite is on during the day. But you dont see the shimmer

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@Sabellafella so you prefer the reef brite tech over the xho? I'm about to add a blue strip to my tank. Glad I saw this
Well, let me put it like this. As of now, its just supplemental. Xho is double the output double the par then the tech, if i had to go that route, i would go with an led strip with mixed chips. If i had metal halides i would go with xhos for sure.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Screenshot_2017-08-23-12-51-20.png
There comes a point in time where you need to upgrade flow. Pumps get old, corals grow, detritus settles and such. So there will be a massive overhaul on flow comming shortly. Also renewed my jebao powerheads with these coral box qps. Cost a tad more money then your standard jebao, but are worth it! Got these off fish-street.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome man!

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
IMG_20170823_162755.jpg
Ive never been this excited on plumbing parts before, but this is an brilliant design on changing up your return flow. As of now my return just constantly dumps water toward my front pane. Kindoff limits the flow on my powerheads, usually breaksup the pattern because of my return flow. Now i can T from the return, with that adapter, to keep it nice and small for aesthetic reasons. Also creates random flow without moving parts, one of the neatest things ive ever seen, and cant be happier to have this product. Litterally a game changer, and the price is perfect for everyone. Ill take a video soon of how it performs.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 150 75.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%

Back