Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
IMG_20170824_192446.jpg
Look at the size of my gonzo mai tai colony , theres about 80 heads on this guy. Soo pretty!

kresDFW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20170823_162755.jpg
Ive never been this excited on plumbing parts before, but this is an brilliant design on changing up your return flow. As of now my return just constantly dumps water toward my front pane. Kindoff limits the flow on my powerheads, usually breaksup the pattern because of my return flow. Now i can T from the return, with that adapter, to keep it nice and small for aesthetic reasons. Also creates random flow without moving parts, one of the neatest things ive ever seen, and cant be happier to have this product. Litterally a game changer, and the price is perfect for everyone. Ill take a video soon of how it performs.
Just ordered mine as well. I didn't realize they were local. How are they working out for you?

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just ordered mine as well. I didn't realize they were local. How are they working out for you?
haha antonios the man! Waiting for my brs package to come with my Y fitting. I already seen this nozzle in action, nothing less then brilliant. Flow is gentle, yet its an flow accelerator. Directs random streams of water, except theres no moving parts. Its litterally only like 25-30 bucks for 2 nozzles, these are perfect for tanks that dont require a couple powerheads. I bought the topshelf printed Y for 30 bucks when it first came out, for some reason it would fall off the return every now and then so i just gave it away to someone. Once i get the fitting, i will post a video with all my powerheads off.

DLuce510

A.D.I.D.A.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_2017-07-27-16-45-39.png
Jf Alter ego, still! Still colorless. But its growing like a beast, encrusted a small medium and large disk. Now onto a 5 inch plate. I would enjoy this monti so much if it just colored up already. There was a couple times were some beautiful shades of orange and purple that popped up but left just as quick. Still trying to figure out what to do here.
Ive had the same deal with mine! Its been a dull blue grey with blue polyps for ever. Just had my nice size colony cut up and now the yellow is starting to come through. Maybe a excuse to get some frags?

The circled one is really starting to show!
20170824_225231.jpg

kresDFW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha antonios the man! Waiting for my brs package to come with my Y fitting. I already seen this nozzle in action, nothing less then brilliant. Flow is gentle, yet its an flow accelerator. Directs random streams of water, except theres no moving parts. Its litterally only like 25-30 bucks for 2 nozzles, these are perfect for tanks that dont require a couple powerheads. I bought the topshelf printed Y for 30 bucks when it first came out, for some reason it would fall off the return every now and then so i just gave it away to someone. Once i get the fitting, i will post a video with all my powerheads off.
I bought the same Y from Top Shelf Aquatics. I went ahead and added a few layers of teflon tape to make sure it was real tight when I pushed it in. If mine starts to come out, I might bug ya to see which piece you ordered from BRS.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ive had the same deal with mine! Its been a dull blue grey with blue polyps for ever. Just had my nice size colony cut up and now the yellow is starting to come through. Maybe a excuse to get some frags?

The circled one is really starting to show!
20170824_225231.jpg
Lol you should try moving a frag into lower light and see what happens. Everyone i know with it says to move the monti up in higher par. Witch it just stayed the same,also heard if you frag it the colors come out. So well see, i wish my colony had color. Its about half the size of my fist and would look brilliant.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I bought the same Y from Top Shelf Aquatics. I went ahead and added a few layers of teflon tape to make sure it was real tight when I pushed it in. If mine starts to come out, I might bug ya to see which piece you ordered from BRS.
Just got a Y fitting, its comming in next wed. The rfg and red sea adapter came from https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Corals would look better with that Red Sea coral pro salt! Hahaha
Might be right, the first year on this tank i used rscp. Then switched to reef crystals, couldnt tell a difference. Now using fritz mixed 5050 with reef crystals and still cant tell the difference other then a clean(er) saltwater mixing tank

Hella_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be right, the first year on this tank i used rscp. Then switched to reef crystals, couldnt tell a difference. Now using fritz mixed 5050 with reef crystals and still cant tell the difference other then a clean(er) saltwater mixing tank

Tropic Marin balling method [emoji516]

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm just pulling your leg! Hoping one day I have half the knowledge you have!

What are your thoughts on fritz, did you get it because it was available locally?

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm just pulling your leg! Hoping one day I have half the knowledge you have!

What are your thoughts on fritz, did you get it because it was available locally?
Look pelphrey, aris finally poped up on my thread lol! No rico gave me a box at RAP,also got another free box at rap lol so figured id mix the 2 and try them together.
Tropic Marin balling method [emoji516]
Thinking about trying a different 2 part, ive used the fauna marin balling method as well in the past but esv is about the same. Some of my corals.look insane but then theres alot others ive owned that i havnt tooken photos of yet just because they dont look that all good yet. But on the brightside. I took some led photos today with the galaxy s7.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Nice!!! What's the first acro? Grafted?
Got them from pieces of the ocean. For some reason his colony does look great, but nothing like the color my 2 frags aquired after 2 weeks. Pretty neat, its his sidechick acro lol

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Teach me your ways! I'm by no means sps ready. I put a birdsnest in my tank and it won't last long. I got a good sized colony hoping it takes off. One of my acros started showing color at the base, just not sure about it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back