Sabella's 450L mixed reef build thread

OnlyTono

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_2017-08-31-19-11-07.png
Got the random flow generator nozzles on today. Very happy how compact this was compared to lockline, performance is at its best with a mere 1,200 gallons an hour pushing through 2 nozzles. Cant wait to show you guys a video of exactly how it works.

The Random Flow Generators with the Y fitting looks great in your tank - super compact too.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The Random Flow Generators with the Y fitting looks great in your tank - super compact too.
It looks great, with the y fitting alone is perfect for directing the flow. I can cover everywhere in my tank without the locline. Thanks @OnlyTono
Just a quick video to show some friends for now.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
IMG_20170903_143126.jpg
Not sure why i never tryed to take photos of this fella, he got too.large for me to move up on a rack to take a photo. It was the size of my fist, so since i moved it, why not take some photos. This is cut in half in this photo, so think about how much nicer this actually looked. Snagged this from bsa 2 RAPas ago

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
IMG_20170903_145930.jpg
Also snagged this rrc pink cadillac. Darren was one of the first 28 to buy this directly through tgc about 2 years ago. Still have the screenshot of his account order he sent me 2 years ago. Seen ALOT of fakes, even "pink cadillacs with barnicles still in them. Well worth the wait, got a large nice frag for a pretty penny.

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for the RFG, have you tested the water level when return pump is off? since the nozzles have to be below water level, my concern is the sump may not have enough room for the siphon (I have Reefer 350)

Thanks

Ben Weaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me about those shrooms in the middle! I love them, I saw them at the begining of your thread and and have been looking through your new posts to see if you have any newer pics. Where did you get them? Do they have a name? Lots of questions :D
Do you have and macro shots of them?

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
for the RFG, have you tested the water level when return pump is off? since the nozzles have to be below water level, my concern is the sump may not have enough room for the siphon (I have Reefer 350)

Thanks
I have the fitting moved all the way down, the nozzles pointed fully down. Due to the inductors/accelerator slip, need enuff depth so they dont pull in air. It only adds just ABOUT an inch to the sump water level when my return pump flows turns off. But thats perfect for me, i drain my middle chamber weekly for water changes and im always left with about 4 5 gallons of water in my mixing tank. I usually use it throught the week, wether its testing,frags,skimmer displacement ect.. With the back syphon now runs around an extra gallon or so for me to pull, so now im left with about 3 gallons of fresh water to play with for the week.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back