OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Awesome! What's your recipe to growing such nice corals?
Big water changes. 100 percent water exchange by a months time. Kindve prevents any possible water quality related crashes, wether its removing toxins or a few extra dkh on the alkalinity that is, if the salt mix is reliable.

Next comes redundancy and the ability to have failsafe incase of emergencies. Little heat wave could just brown some stuff out alk raises fast. So monitoring definitely is up there. The ability to act quick is definitely the most important . I litterally use kalk twiopart and a calcium reactor, distribute the consumption load between the 3. If one were to fail, I get a little bit of time to trouble shoot.

I'm no different then anyone else in terms of husbandry testing ect.

If i had to take a jab at what I do differently then everyone else, would be the 25 30% weekly water changes.

Last edited:

Zuma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big water changes. 100 percent water exchange by a months time. Kindve prevents any possible water quality related crashes, wether its removing toxins or a few extra dkh on the alkalinity that is, if the salt mix is reliable.

Next comes redundancy and the ability to have failsafe incase of emergencies. Little heat wave could just brown some stuff out alk raises fast. So monitoring definitely is up there. The ability to act quick is definitely the most important . I litterally use kalk twiopart and a calcium reactor, distribute the consumption load between the 3. If one were to fail, I get a little bit of time to trouble shoot.

If i had to take a jab at what I do differently then everyone else, would be the 25 30% weekly water changes.
I need more buckets! Thanks for the info.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

since you're doling out secrets, what's the lighting you use and duration? I can tell you have some xho bars from reflection is some pictures possibly radions? I know its heavy on blues, I think it always looks amazing and look forward to the quality pictures you put out! great work yo!

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thank you. Definitely a 9 to 11 hour duration is what I'm looking for. My home system I believe is 10 hours. 6 hours peek. 2 and 2 for morning and night. T5 reefbrites.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
since you're doling out secrets, what's the lighting you use and duration? I can tell you have some xho bars from reflection is some pictures possibly radions? I know its heavy on blues, I think it always looks amazing and look forward to the quality pictures you put out! great work yo!

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Definitely not to Smart to leave my skimmer lines outside. This is terrible.

The most insane crazy part about it. I noticed my carbon blocks would clog up in a weeks time the last 3 weeks. Come to find out our water supply is all messed up due to all types of crazy anomaly going on.
My sediment filters now black-out over something like 300 gallons in the day. This isn't even exaggerated

Screenshot_20230607_182539_Instagram.jpg

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not to Smart to leave my skimmer lines outside. This is terrible.

The most insane crazy part about it. I noticed my carbon blocks would clog up in a weeks time the last 3 weeks. Come to find out our water supply is all messed up due to all types of crazy anomaly going on.
My sediment filters now black-out over something like 300 gallons in the day. This isn't even exaggerated

Screenshot_20230607_182539_Instagram.jpg
I feel for you guys up there, hopefully it clears up soon for you all, good luck

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I feel for you guys up there, hopefully it clears up soon for you all, good luck
Crazy man this is the morning time. Theres a city behind this. Once it hits around sunset it's litterally red outside. Supposed to let up tomorrow. We'll see.
20230607_134657.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Crazy man this is the morning time. Theres a city behind this. Once it hits around sunset it's litterally red outside. Supposed to let up tomorrow. We'll see.
20230607_134657.jpg
That's crazy!!

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We in the Northwest know how you feel. Had about three years out of the last five like that in the summer. I think you are worse off not having as much green belt areas like we do to filter the air! What a bummer!

Back