Saddle Valentini Puffer Compatibility

Alexander1312

View Badges
Reaction score
San Francisco Bay Area, California, United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 26-gallon reef tank with sps, lps, and zoanthids. I also have snails such as Nassarius, Turbo, Trochus, and Conch and shrimps like a fire and pistol shrimp paired with my Randall's Goby. I also have a Tailspot Blenny, a Randall's Goby, a Firefish, and two Clownfishes. Can I add a Saddle Valentini Puffer to my tank?

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the corals it’ll be hit or miss, mine is a model citizen when it comes to corals… mine also only goes for the smallest of cerinth snails in my 120, no biggie to me because I have hundreds and they multiply like rabbits. The shrimp will probably be targets though, not sure because I don’t have any shrimps, but my gut says no if you like the shrimp

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is gentle with all fish and inverts. The other day my Halloween hermit decided to scope out a new shell half an inch from his mouth and nothing.

Now that said my Valentini puffer will absolutely destroy certain corals. He eats branching monti and some acros such as Bali slimer and anacropora. Oh and he took out my acans too. Everything else gets a small taste and that's it.

Despite the coral carnage he is still my favorite fish. I feed him as often as I can so be prepared for a nutrient spike while keeping him satisfied.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 94 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back