Sailfin blenny died

CassieTaylorMylo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a new sailfin blenny on Saturday, acclimated him for a hour, he seemed ok that day, couldn’t find him at all Sunday- figured he was hiding in the many little hiding places amongst the rocks, and just now I’ve found him dead at the back of the tank. Very sad, this is my first fish death
No idea what happened to him.other fish all fine, water parameters checked in the shop on Saturday and nitrates were a little high so have dosed twice with NO3 PO4-X as advised.( also have algae- the reason for getting the blenny in the first place!)
Other problem is a cant get at him to remove him, I’ve just seen my peppermint shrimp picking at him/ trying to eat him...any suggestions... do I leave him there and let the shrimp eat him or move rocks to get him out?

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
raw.png

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss. I am not sure if salinity may be an issue, as many stores run hypo. That I still test in the bag before acclimatization. Stress is a major killer as well. I would remove the little body to avoid a spike of nitrate.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back