Sailfin Tang - Hole side?

reefnewb70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed my tang swimming funny. I have had her three weeks. She has a spot on her side and spots in her one fin. Any ideas??
She has never been a big eater. She likes seaweed and she isn’t an aggressive mysis eater.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    2.9 MB
  • FullSizeRender.mov
    8.2 MB
  • FullSizeRender.mov
    1.8 MB
  • IMG_6814.MOV
    16.5 MB
  • IMG_6812.MOV
    12.5 MB
  • IMG_6813.MOV
    16.3 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed my tang swimming funny. I have had her three weeks. She has a spot on her side and spots in her one fin. Any ideas??
She has never been a big eater. She likes seaweed and she isn’t an aggressive mysis eater.

Hi,

As the others said, we really need pictures and video taken under white light. We also need more background information - how long you've had the fish, what tankmates are in with it, etc. This post outlines how to do that:

From what I could see, the fish's pectoral fin is damaged (that's why it is swimming like it is bobbing). There is also some lesion/injury on its side near that fin. Did this come on all of a sudden? If so, I would say an injury. If it grew gradually over days, then it is more likely an infection of some sort.

Jay

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 43 58.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back