Sailfin Tang hurt himself

MarsOnBars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sailfin tang hurt his lip and in turn gave himself Popeye. He’s having some struggles swimming but still has a massive appetite. I was out of the house almost all day and come back to that, help!
EF31C0A0-D1B7-4C94-97CA-50EC5B42ACBE.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sailfin tang hurt his lip and in turn gave himself Popeye. He’s having some struggles swimming but still has a massive appetite. I was out of the house almost all day and come back to that, help!
EF31C0A0-D1B7-4C94-97CA-50EC5B42ACBE.jpeg
Yes- from the mouth looks like a crash injury crashing into an object. These fish are tough as nails but also spook easily. The mouth should heal on its own. As for buildup, it may be infected and best treated with Seachem kanaplex in a separate quarantine tank

OP
OP
M

MarsOnBars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes- from the mouth looks like a crash injury crashing into an object. These fish are tough as nails but also spook easily. The mouth should heal on its own. As for buildup, it may be infected and best treated with Seachem kanaplex in a separate quarantine tank
He’s still eating, but his swimming has gotten worse. I haven’t been able to find kanaplex locally, but will look more, still eating though

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
He’s still eating, but his swimming has gotten worse. I haven’t been able to find kanaplex locally, but will look more, still eating though
if no kanaplex, seachem neoplex. If no neoplex, Maracyn TWO should work, Not Maracyn Oxy

OP
OP
M

MarsOnBars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if no kanaplex, seachem neoplex. If no neoplex, Maracyn TWO should work, Not Maracyn Oxy
Found one and dosed it yesterday. My biggest concern is the fact that the tang is having swim bladder type symptoms and can’t really right itself. It has gotten progressively worse and I’m not sure what to do

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Found one and dosed it yesterday. My biggest concern is the fact that the tang is having swim bladder type symptoms and can’t really right itself. It has gotten progressively worse and I’m not sure what to do
When it comes to bladder, they need to release the air on their own
They generally do but there’s no time frame as to when

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back