Salinity level

Wich do you prefer ?


  • Total voters
    98

NatReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2023
Messages
58
Reaction score
16
Location
belgium
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What level do you keep your salinity at
 
1.026 for me as well
 
I mean, the "ish" is probably the most accurate (and honest) answer on this thread. lol
Agreed, that is why I said LOL.

Because mine is between 1.025-1.026 and whatever it measures at WC that's what it's going to be till next water change. I find it very hard to get it exact every time now that I'm in a big tank and mixing more than 1-2 buckets.
 
I will say that when i mix the water the night before it seems to be closer. If i mix 35-40 gallons its spot on, then about a hour later once I've drained water and cleaned rocks and stuff it raises to 1.027/8 and i have to add more water to get it down then it's too low and I have to add more salt. LOL

So now i mix the night before up to 1.023 and the next day it is very close.

The Hannah measurer i use says 1.026 when it first hits the water then usually after it sits, and the timer glass goes away it moves to 1.025. But either way I'm ok with 1.024-1.026as long as only a single digit change during WC.
 
I "target" 1.0264 ideally, but I call it good enough if actually measure anything between 1.0258 and 1.0267 (tropic marin high precision hydrometer)
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new