Salinity levels

jbonez_

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2022
Messages
65
Reaction score
18
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know why I am getting 1.030 salinity from Instant Ocean Reef Crystals? I'm mixing up two gallons for my water change tomorrow and just tested the salinity and I don't understand how it's so high.

Regardless I'm trying to raise my salinity, it dropped to 1.023, would I be fine to do a water change with this batch at 1.030? Trying to get to 1.026.
 
Depends on how much water you are changing. If less than ~20% you should be fine.
 
Some solution I bought off Amazon.
How do you know the calibration solution is correct?

Best bet is to make your own using table salt and DI water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new