Salt brands?

JonoB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What salt brand are you guys using? I noticed Aquatic Cove has Fritz...where I was before only had Reef Crystals available. I've noticed that Alk has had some crazy swings with the RC from bag to bag...I would like to have more stable parameters and have it closer to what I actually want in my tank. Just figured I'd ask what you North Alabama people are using.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough debate subject here.. I'll tread lightly. :)

Theres so many great salts on the market. In my opinion, It's really more about your budget. I have been using Fritz RPM Blue for 2 years. Never an issue. Maybe I got lucky. Based on what coral u have stocked predominantly picking the best dKh and levels in the mix is key.. If you have the time and get it right, ESV diy salt mix is the way to go, but I'm far too lazy, IMHO.

Heres a decent video to cover a lot of them and theres more if u havent already seen them that BRS has done.

GrouperStupor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using Fritz. switched to Live Aquaria after some sales and giveaways. I believe LA is made by brightwell, which is highly rated. Both seem to work fine though. I'll stick with LA if I find it on sale again. Also, it's a fast ship item since there's a petco warehouse fairly near here.

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't worry about salt brands. But then I don't do water changes and use macros to balance out and stabilize operation.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back