Salt water mixing station project.

Parent_usmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, started a little project this weekend in preparation for my red sea 250 next week. I currently don't have any proper mixing station or even a storage area for the large amounts of fish related "things" I own. I cleaned out a small area in my boiler room down in the basement .
20200711_080326.jpg

My plan is to add a 35gallon container up high to hold my RO water ( brs 5 stage ro unit ) coming in next week. I also would love the possibility to have an area to frag coral in the future. wife isn't to excited about fragging at the kitchen table. :)
20200711_172107.jpg
after adding the plywood and building a small bench im calling it a night.. still need to add shelving and storage bins..

If anyone has done anything similar and would like to comment on mine, maybe throw me a suggestion I would much appreciate it! Still up in the air on the next step.

Thanks and upload a pic of your mixing/fragging area. Would love some inspiration
20200711_172102.jpg

ThePlummer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about pressurizing your RO container? I'm using a 62 gallon well pressure tank as my RO storage unit, and I have about 90PSI water pressure at my tap, so the RO will stabilize at 90, and with a ball valve you can push water into your SW bin. If you put the SW bin on top of the bench and the well tank under the bench, you shouldn't need a pump at all.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back