Salt Water Mixing Stations Let's See Them!!

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am complete redoing my entire mixing station over with a real pair of Ace Roto Mold 25 Gallon Vertical Dome Top Tanks w/ bulkhead instead of using the Brute cans since I got a killer deal on the shipping for the 2 containers.
normally, the shipping alone is more than the containers but I found a company that's charging me NO KIDDING $10.00 for shipping to FL, which is unheard of. See pix of the original invoice as well as what the container look like. Also, bought me a brand new 6 Stage 75GPD Plus RO/DI System from BRS. It holds 1 Sediment, 2 Carbon block, 2 DI's and a Membrane. If you're looking to buy some Aco Moto containers now is the time to do, b/c the shipping along is over 100.00 per container. Check around and you will see..

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 2.31.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 2.37.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 10.12.41 AM.png

Last edited:

captainsmitty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am complete redoing my entire mixing station over with a real pair of Ace Roto Mold 25 Gallon Vertical Dome Top Tanks w/ bulkhead of instead using the Brute cans since I got a killer deal on the shipping for the 2 containers.
normally, the shipping alone is more then the containers but I found a company that's charging me NO KIDDING $10.00 for shipping to FL, which is unheard of.

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 2.31.03 PM.png
Where did you order them from?

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you order them from?

The company is called Rural King, better snatch them up why you can with a shipping & handling was $13.03 dollars.. WOW..
Since i HAVE glued all of my fittings on my Brute cans, I may have to buy all new Spears Gate Valves and Cepx Ball Vales but who cares.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine. I basically copied everyone else's design lol.
DSC03222.JPG

Wow! Great minds think alike! I have the same tanks and the same shelving unit. I'm just starting mine. I'm running separate lines just above the pump for both RO/DI and fresh saltwater. Hoping that takes care of the left over water in the line problem.

20170602_192245_zpshkstvj5e.jpg

20170602_202709_zpsik5hylge.jpg

20170602_195415_zpsxhcaxbtr.jpg

A_game43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Set up for Salt and RO mixing. The stand is simple stone base with 4x4 supports sanded and coated with Polyurethane and a plywood top. The stand gets the system up off the floor. I have a Mag 18 as a mix pump. The right barrel is the RO and the left is salt mix. I have my sump directly behind these and I fill RO directly from the right barrel and when I do my water C/O I can fill directly into my sump from the left barrel and refill right away.

RO 1.jpg

RO3.jpg

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine!

This is my RO/DI setup in the laundry room. It's a 6 stage BRS system that does 150 GPD. There's a Aquatec permeate and booster pump that helps not to put as much water down the drain. The Litermeter 3 is used for topping off the display tank and dosing kalk. Our Apex controller is nicely hidden in here behind the tank. The cords and tubing are fed through the wall to keep things out of sight.
WP_20150630_004.jpg

I Have some bulkheads put into a blank electrical plate going from the laundry room to the garage where the mixing tanks are. The outgoing tubes are on the left, and the incoming ones are on the right.
WP_20150630_005.jpg

This is on the other side where they come out.
WP_20150630_009.jpg

These ore our mixing tanks. The one in the back is where the RO/DI comes in and is stored for adding to the mixing and topping off the display. In the front is the saltwater mixing tank that we use for our continuous water change.
WP_20150630_007.jpg

The white containers are used for dosing. The one on the left just stores the kalk and the other draws the mixed calcium solution to dose the tank. The black container is a separate reservoir for our HOB skimmer. It's not hooked up yet, but it will be great for when we go on vacation!
WP_20150630_008.jpg

We have an extra Energy Bar here so we can have probes monitoring the salinity and temp. of the water. The Avast modules are pressure switches to tell the apex when to start and stop the mixing.
WP_20150630_006.jpg

This is inside the RO/DI tank. the water comes in through the float switch and goes out for topping off through the blue tube next to it. The pump on the bottom transfers water to the other tank next to it.
WP_20150630_012.jpg

The Saltwater tank has an input on the top right, and an output on the bottom right through the white tube. There are salinity and temp. probes on the right and also a powerhead and heater below.
WP_20150630_013.jpg

I hope you found this helpful!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@trekman01 , I am a little confused on why dont you run your ATO in your sump instead of your fresh rodi storage container, don't you think that would be a lot easier? Here is my set up but I finally found the Aco Roto vertical 25 gallon storage tanks. with FREE SHIPPING. I am redoing my entire mixing station b/c these unseals are complete garbage and leak. So, I finally found a place that for two 25 gallon Ace Roto barrels with shipping came to $148.70... I have been searching for a long time and every place I checked the shipping was more than the barrels. Anyhow, I have to re-plumb everything now but it's worth to me b/c these barrels with last a lifetime and i WILL never have to worry about lugging jugs in my life. As far as my salinty monitor I went with PINPOINT monitor even know there was some mixed reviews on it. Temp, i AM using an Inbird temp controller where you can plug in your heater and the controller will give u a treading on the display.

sm#2.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 7.23.42 PM.png

A_game43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my two 65g at Farm and Fleet, free shipping, I think like $98 a piece.

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally finished plumbing mine tonight. Was able to leak test the RO/DI to mixing tank and the mixing tank circulation since I plumbed it several days ago. No leaks, worked like a charm. Will leak test the rest of it tomorrow!
Mixing%20st1_zpsuwzg6ui7.jpg

Mixingst2_zpsznxv1lvq.jpg

Mixingst3_zpsibh4qnet.jpg

Huntor0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning my build currently, any other good deals on storage tanks 65 gallon+ Farm and Fleet seems to have adjusted their pricing $125ea and is charging $200 shipping.

Gustavo Martinez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltyhog, so the two lines you have running along the wall and going into the hole in the wall, is one for RODI water and the other Saltwater?

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltyhog, so the two lines you have running along the wall and going into the hole in the wall, is one for RODI water and the other Saltwater?

Yes, the bottom one is RO/DI and the top one is saltwater.

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!
I just got my Ace Roto mold tanks to make my water change station. They have a plastic like smell. How did everyone wash them out if at all? I used a hose and my hands to scrub them and still the same smell. Anyone notice any leaching?

tdunmore2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love seeing how you guys use COTS products! For those of us that don't have the space (or cohabitants blessing....), does anyone have any portable mixing station DIY ideas they can share? I currently have a 34gal AIO that I use a 5 gallon bucket mounted on a furniture dolly with a sicce pump plumbed to the side for ease of use moving, mixing, and filling. In the middle of a 120gal build and considering runnign a 3/8" tube through the floor from a FSW tank in the basement for fills, and maybe even a tee off the RODI line for auto top off.

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love seeing how you guys use COTS products! For those of us that don't have the space (or cohabitants blessing....), does anyone have any portable mixing station DIY ideas they can share? I currently have a 34gal AIO that I use a 5 gallon bucket mounted on a furniture dolly with a sicce pump plumbed to the side for ease of use moving, mixing, and filling. In the middle of a 120gal build and considering runnign a 3/8" tube through the floor from a FSW tank in the basement for fills, and maybe even a tee off the RODI line for auto top off.

I'm in an apt. I have 17g round tub that I pull out of the hallway closet and make 15g at a time. I have the a
Aquatic Life twist in 4 stage system mounted under the bathroom sink. Just let it run for a few hours to make 15g then mix in like 15min with Fritz. Bucket it all up and put it away.

tdunmore2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in an apt. I have 17g round tub that I pull out of the hallway closet and make 15g at a time. I have the a
Aquatic Life twist in 4 stage system mounted under the bathroom sink. Just let it run for a few hours to make 15g then mix in like 15min with Fritz. Bucket it all up and put it away.
Do you use the pump used to mix it to bucket it? Also, what do youvdo for top off FW?

I finally finished plumbing mine tonight. Was able to leak test the RO/DI to mixing tank and the mixing tank circulation since I plumbed it several days ago. No leaks, worked like a charm. Will leak test the rest of it tomorrow!
Mixing%20st1_zpsuwzg6ui7.jpg

Mixingst2_zpsznxv1lvq.jpg

Mixingst3_zpsibh4qnet.jpg
That is an awesome setup! Like the floating shelf next to the sink as well! Where do you find your colored elbows etc? I know BRS sells the pipe.

Back