Salt Water Mixing Stations Let's See Them!!

Bigfish of La.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually was quoted free shipping for the 55 gallon ( sp0055-mm ) but decided it would be a little too much so I've order the 40 gallon.

Tautog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using buckets too, but with a 90 gallon tank and a 35 gallon sump I'm changing out 15 to 20 gallons at a time. that is 4 buckets, 4 heaters, and 4 pumps. I would love to eliminate some equipment and free up some space.
I do a 30-55 gal whenever necessary. I use a 60 gal drum, plastic, but reinforced to hold the weight. It's located next to the DT to do WC's easier. After a WC, I refill with R/O in case of an emergency. Just be sure to cover. I only heat in winter, only circulate when mixing

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually was quoted free shipping for the 55 gallon ( sp0055-mm ) but decided it would be a little too much so I've order the 40 gallon.
Where was this from? I was looking for 65's but a good deal on a 55 would work for me as well.

lacrosseboss18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any preference or reason for choosing Ace Roto Mold or Norwesco? I was thinking of getting 2 x 75g tanks for water changing station

TonapahNorth

Reefed In
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any preference or reason for choosing Ace Roto Mold or Norwesco? I was thinking of getting 2 x 75g tanks for water changing station

I didn't see any difference between the two. It was just a matter of finding the right form factor for my application. Some want stackable, some want side by side, gallon size, etc.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just setup my Ace Roto Mold 55g Vertical Dome Top for RO/DI. It's half full, and I noticed it's leaking from where I threaded in my MPT to Slip adapter, to the bulkhead. I couldn't get it to thread all the way in easily, so I'm thinking maybe the threading is wrong? I know there's a few types of threads, but it should be a standard FPT bulkhead thread, so I'm not sure why it's leaking from there.

For those with the same tank and bulkhead that it came with, what did you guys use on the threaded bulkhead?

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just setup my Ace Roto Mold 55g Vertical Dome Top for RO/DI. It's half full, and I noticed it's leaking from where I threaded in my MPT to Slip adapter, to the bulkhead. I couldn't get it to thread all the way in easily, so I'm thinking maybe the threading is wrong? I know there's a few types of threads, but it should be a standard FPT bulkhead thread, so I'm not sure why it's leaking from there.

For those with the same tank and bulkhead that it came with, what did you guys use on the threaded bulkhead?

Just found the specification on this website:
http://www.plasticwatertanks.com/p/c14sc/vt0055-20-55-gallon-plastic-liquid-storage-tank

Looks like FPT. So no idea why my MPT isn't holding a seal. I'll have to check again... I'm using emergency plumbing "tape" that adheres to itself for now. I think it's holding temporarily.

lacrosseboss18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't see any difference between the two. It was just a matter of finding the right form factor for my application. Some want stackable, some want side by side, gallon size, etc.
Thanks. I found norwesco local to me so I picked up 2 x 75 gallon vertical storage containers.

Couple questions. Should I hook up my RODI to not containers or just my rodi tank and not the saltwater. I ordered a bunch of extra pieces to connect the rodi to both and shut off water to one or the other if needed.

Also ha anyone ever tried to router the inner lip on a norwesco tank? I was thinking of doing this to make the opening wider for getting salt into the container. Looks like there is a lip of about 1 inch and it shouldn't affect closing the screw top

TonapahNorth

Reefed In
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only hooked up my RODI to one tank. I actually gravity feed one tank into the other when needed. You will need to pump from one to the other. I wouldn’t mix salt in both tanks. It’ll require you in the long run to clean both tanks. So dedicate one as RODI and fill it as needed. Then pump into your mix tank.

I run an RODI line to my RODI tank, which gravity feeds into my mixing tank, and to my ATO reservoir near my sump, which is currently on a solenoid switch which opens when the sensor near the bottom of the ATO senses that it’s low. And a float switch the top.

JPK

Always learning from others
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine
F7414949-D1DE-4DC0-8172-10CD6E293352.jpeg
020BD86F-090F-4508-9781-448CC2091CC1.jpeg

Back