saltedbytes CADE Reef S2 1500 Build

OP
saltedbytes

saltedbytes

View Badges
Reaction score
My cycle is finally complete and I got my Great White skimmer delivered today.

Initial thoughts - It is reasonably cheap skimmer for what you get, and you can tell. The Acrylic looks nice and of high quality, but the rest of the plastic parts feel a bit flimsy and cheap. The venturi is 3d printed, which the advertising suggests it's great for upgrades, but I don't really see how.

The instructions are super basic, but there is a QR code for a video which better illustrates how to assemble it. I found that the air piping included with mine was incorrect which threw me off for a minute (the drain pipe and the air pipe needed to be switched).

As far as the noise goes, I can't really hear the pump over the sound of my noisy Vectra M2, but I can hear the whistling sound of the air intake when the cabinet doors are open.

This skimmer gets great reviews for performance, so time will tell.

IMG_3256.JPG

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

danieyella

shouldn't have done that...
View Badges
Reaction score
My cycle is finally complete and I got my Great White skimmer delivered today.

Initial thoughts - It is reasonably cheap skimmer for what you get, and you can tell. The Acrylic looks nice and of high quality, but the rest of the plastic parts feel a bit flimsy and cheap. The venturi is 3d printed, which the advertising suggests it's great for upgrades, but I don't really see how.

The instructions are super basic, but there is a QR code for a video which better illustrates how to assemble it. I found that the air piping included with mine was incorrect which threw me off for a minute (the drain pipe and the air pipe needed to be switched).

As far as the noise goes, I can't really hear the pump over the sound of my noisy Vectra M2, but I can hear the whistling sound of the air intake when the cabinet doors are open.

This skimmer gets great reviews for performance, so time will tell.

IMG_3256.JPG
I have the smaller version of this and it has held up beautifully, I don't think you'll be disappointed. It is definitely worlds quieter than the skimmers I had previously.

What have you found to be the best things/methods to beat hair algae? (choose all that apply)

• Hydrogen peroxide

Votes: 107 17.1%
  • Lawn Mower Blenny (or other fish)

Votes: 137 22.0%
  • Manual Removal

Votes: 289 46.3%
  • Rock Scrubbing

Votes: 133 21.3%
  • Lowered Phosphates

Votes: 135 21.6%
  • Tank Blackouts

Votes: 34 5.4%