Saltwater stingray as pets

Being realistic, how big of a tank would it need? Do the blue spots get as big as (freahwater) the black diamonds sting rays?
would they be considered "reef safe"?
I do not think they would go munch on corals or anything like that but they are very likely to run into corals, throw sand everywhere and break stuff. I wouldn't consider them reef safe for those reasons
 
I do not think they would go munch on corals or anything like that but they are very likely to run into corals, throw sand everywhere and break stuff. I wouldn't consider them reef safe for those reasons
Reason I dont recommend them in a reef setup
 
if you look around different sites say 300G minimum. I wish they gave a foot print of suggested Sq FT of sandbed instead.

I had a 48" cube that held 480G that there is no way in anyone's right mind they would put a ray in but my 300G DT has enough sq ft & minimum gallons (380G system) at 96x30x24 tall but i don't think its enough still.
I think foot print is more important than gallonage when considering rays tbh.
 
I think foot print is more important than gallonage when considering rays tbh.
Obviously as in my case, the larger tanks will offer length and width and my 660g was 4ft wide and tall as most are
 
A LFS I went a long time ago had a huge tank in one corner, kinda shallow, almost all sand with a miniscule amount of rock. He had a ray, sharks, and lionfish in it.
 
A LFS I went a long time ago had a huge tank in one corner, kinda shallow, almost all sand with a miniscule amount of rock. He had a ray, sharks, and lionfish in it.
It was one of these I bought a ray out of.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new